Hawkeye PublishingTrade/Popular Fiction
Hawkeye Publishing is a small and driven traditional house, home to terrifically talented new and emerging Australian authors. Hawkeye publishes most genres, producing books that leave a footprint on the hearts and minds of readers. The Hawkeye collection is littered with Award finalists. Hawkeye runs the annual Hawkeye Publishing Manuscript Development Prize (first prize $2,500 editing/coaching), and the Sydney Hammond Memorial Short Story Competition.
Established in 2002, Hawkeye was originally a newspaper publisher, becoming a hybrid book publisher in 2011, and in 2020 moving to offer traditional publishing contracts. Hawkeye stands for a keen eye on quality. We are a core group of hard-working, underpaid staff and a lovely band of passionate volunteers committed to providing the reading public with original, entertaining stories, and the opportunity to be traditionally published to supremely talented new and emerging authors. It takes a team to publish gold.
- Anthologies (including short stories, essays, reviews, commentary)
- Genre Fiction (romance, fantasy/sci-fi, crime)
- Genre non-fiction (including mind/body/spirit, true crime, self-help)
- Illustrated/Picture Books/Graphic Novels
- Narrative non-fiction (including memoirs, biographies, histories)
- Trade non-fiction
- Trade/Popular Fiction
- Young Adult