Join The Small Press Network
Why you should join
Becoming a member of SPN can create many advantages for yourself and your organisation. Membership can:
- Save you money
- Get you heard
- Engage your community
- Open new doors
- Support your sector
Membership means being part of a thriving community that creates the best possible conditions for publishing, writing and reading to flourish in.
Becoming part of SPN means making a difference to publishing in Australia.
SPN acknowledges the changing nature of contemporary publishing, and organisations that engage in non-traditional forms of publishing are encouraged to apply. This may involve publication of ebooks, POD publishing, web publishing or other related activities. Such organisations are expected to be commercial entities and will be vetted on a case-by-case basis by our membership committee.
SPN Associate status is open to anyone interested in the writing and publishing industry, including self-publishers, service providers, ‘hybrid’ publishers, readers and writers. If you are a traditional publisher (contracting authors and paying advances and royalties), please apply to join us as a full member.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and opportunities from around the country through SPN regular member emails.
- Get access to documents that help you as a writer or publisher.
- Be invited to exclusive SPN events.
- Save money by getting discounts for SPN events and access to some member benefits.
- Get answers from experts and contribute your perspective to discussions in the closed Facebook group.
- Get an insight into the issues facing Australian publishers by networking with other engaged stakeholders of the publishing industry.
- Give support to your sector. Your fees significantly contribute to SPN’s success in working to advance the interests of the Australian publishing sector and engage our community.
As a full member you receive all the benefits of an associate member plus:
- Advice from best-practice industry experts.
- Representation through the website and ability to identify as an SPN member and place our logo on your collateral.
- Get access to an even bigger range of documents and resources that help you as a publisher, including the ASA Model Publishing Agreement.
- Submit for awards to help promote your titles.
- Discounts on core services like advertising, B+P and ArtsHub subscriptions, ebook production, Australian Booksellers Association membership and Australia Post discount.
- Have your say by voting on important matters and participating in the AGM. You might even want to join the board.