Would you like to get your foot in the door of the publishing industry? SPN wants sharp, energetic volunteers to help deliver the 2016 Independent Publishing Conference next month.
As a Conference Volunteer, you will never be bored: we need help with everything from
running errands to taking care of conference speakers and other VIPs.
In return for working at least 12 hours across the four days and nights of the conference, volunteers will receive a full conference pass (valued at $289), giving you access to three and a half days of presentations from publishing experts, and countless opportunities to meet and engage with professionals in the industry.
Volunteers will fill a range of roles at the conference including front-of-house, directional help, in event mic handling for Q&A, pack up and pack down, taking care of conference speakers and running errands.
Let us know if you have any more questions.
How to Apply
Email Sarah Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of next Friday 28 October to register your interest, and attend a one-hour induction on Wednesday 2 or Thursday 3 November.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Jansen on 0408 875 577 or email@example.com.
To be an excellent volunteer, you will:
- have great communication skills for answering questions and giving conference
- follow directions to the letter
- have excellent problem-solving skills, reliability, and lots of energy
- be comfortable talking with all sorts of people, from CEOs to lost children.
- This position is voluntary.
- Minimum time commitment: two x six-hour shifts between Wednesday 9 November and Sunday 12 November.
- Shifts to be negotiated with Conference Coordinator.
- Volunteers report to the Conference Coordinator.