Bookends Publishing creator, Lisa Fleetwood, published her travel memoir Destination Dachshund: Three Months, Three Generations & Sixty Dachshunds in 2016 – not only realising her dream of becoming an author, but an Amazon best-selling author.
Bookends Publishing aims to publish Australian writers across most genres, as well as provide consultancy publication advice for indie authors and writing opportunities for new, emerging, and established writers in the form of publication, writing competitions, and annual anthologies.
In 2017, along with a speculative fiction anthology, the Bookends Short Story Award will be established to showcase Australian writers and their many talents. All winning and shortlisted entries will be published in an anthology in ebook format.
- Anthologies (including short stories, essays, reviews, commentary)
- Genre Fiction (romance, fantasy/sci-fi, crime)
- Genre non-fiction (including mind/body/spirit, true crime, self-help)
- Narrative non-fiction (including memoirs, biographies, histories)
- Reference (including cooking, travel, religion)
- Trade/Popular Fiction
- Young Adult